Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Basically Frozen

• Please log in to reply

Andrew888

Andrew888

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, i have frequent computer problems because of extremely slow enternet connection (enternet is set up wierd. im not aloud to fix it.) but aside from that my computer has randomly decided to have a large amount of problems recently. it loads to the main screen then it just freezes i was going to do a system recovery but when i hit F11 to go to the system recovery screen it does nothing i am going to try again but if anyone has any tips i would greatly appreciate it. :) ty

Advertisements

smajer

smajer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

As you did not provide a whole lot of information, I have a few things to suggest.
1). Try to boot into safe mode (F8 at boot usually) and run widows system restore to a working date,
2). Download a live cd for cleaning threats such as spyware or virus' check google for some.
3). Download a live diagnostics cd to check ram, hdd, gfx for problems. Check google.
4). Backup data with a live cd and restore windows, when you configure it, make a backup weekly :)

Edited by Rorschach112, 19 June 2009 - 05:01 PM.
removed malware advice

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Andrew888... Welcome to Geeks to Go. Lets see if I can help you.

A system recovery will take you back to the day you bought the computer. You will lose all of your data, emails, pictures, etc.
The first step is to try F8 to get in to safe mode. Reboot the computer and then start tapping F8. You will come to a screen that gives you a few choices. First try "last known good configuration". If that does not work, then try safe mode. This will be an odd screen. If successful, you will see the words safe mode in all 4 corners and the monitor resolution will be out of wack. Do not be alarmed, it is normal for safe mode.

This will pretty much tell us that you might have a driver issue because this loads defaults.

Also, can you give us the make and model of the computer to start with?

123runner