Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

some sites not loading with either firefox or internet explorer

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Open hosts file again, and delete this line:
210.210.19.82 www.sifymall.com
Go File>Save
Restart computer.

so u r saying that my browsing problem is due to these missing /corrupted files?

I don't know, but we have to start somewhere. Apparently, you do have some system files issues.
Yes, you can use borrowed CD.

Advertisements

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
ok i ran the System File Checker and used my friends xp(sp1) cd,im on xp sp2, the file checker scanned fully and no msg popped up and then it quit,so i think all windows files r fine.i tried browsing again ,google opened fine,kaspersky.com only opened partially and forum.mininova.org/ did not open at all ,page just kept loading. so no change.

"Open hosts file again, and delete this line:
Go File>Save
Restart computer."

i will try this step and let u know

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
"Open hosts file again, and delete this line:
Go File>Save
Restart computer."

ok i did this,still no change .what should i do next?

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
210.210.19.82 www.sifymall.com is the Installed broadband host from Sify.com ,my ISP .is it correct to delete it?

should i save 210.210.19.82 www.sifymall.com in my hosts file and restart again ?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Hosts file shouldn't have any extra entries beside:
127.0.0.1 localhost
You can delete the other entry.

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hosts file shouldn't have any extra entries beside:
127.0.0.1 localhost
You can delete the other entry.

ok i have already deleted it and restarted my pc, but still no change,pls advise what should i do next.thank you for ur patience and replying.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

thanx for replying.i dont think its malware related problem,as i ran a full scan with kaspersky internet security 2009 and malwarebytes anti-malware,both found nothing. pls advise on how to proceed next. thanx.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
An antivirus won't detect everything. It's worth to run some other scans too.

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

An antivirus won't detect everything. It's worth to run some other scans too.

y r right,but the problem is when i tried to download OTL , Rooter.exe ,actually all the other applications listed on
http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html ,im not able to download a single one,when i click on the download links for the apps ,a tab opens ,page is blank and at bottom of page says waiting... i even tried right click on download and save link as ,but nothing ,this is exactly the problem imfacing not just on youur site but many other sites ,ihave even tried downloading HijackThis from trendmicro site as well as download .com,same thing pages open but when i click on download link,the page just loads.im really frustrated.i think if all else fails i will just have to format my c drive and reintall windows.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm not sure, what else to advice...

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
[quote name='Broni' date='Jun 21 2009, 06:39 AM' post='1565078']
I'm not sure, what else to advice...

someone told me that he had a similiar problem ,it was ISP related, probably they upgraded their DNS server.could that be the reason for this problem ?

also when i clicked on repair on my Local Area Connection i got " Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed : Clearing the DNS cache" .so is this a network problem? finally, should i contact the people who manage my network or will reinstalling windows help?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Try to go through these basics...

Turn off computer. Disconnect router, and modem from power source for 30 seconds.
Power them back on.
Restart computer.

If that doesn't work, bypass router, and connect computer straight to the modem.

If that doesn't work...
Go Start>Run (Start search in Vista), type in:
cmd
Click OK (in Vista, while holding CTRL, and SHIFT, press Enter).

In Command Prompt window, type in following commands, and hit Enter after each one:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Restart computer.

If that doesn't work...
Go Start>Run (Start search in Vista), type in:
cmd
Click OK (in Vista, while holding CTRL, and SHIFT, press Enter).

At Command Prompt, type in:
netsh int ip reset reset.log
Hit Enter.
Type in:
netsh winsock reset catalog
Hit Enter.

Restart computer.

If that doesn't work...
Download, install, and run WinSockFix: http://www.softpedia...inSockFix.shtml
Restart computer, and check again.

If that doesn't work...
Download Dial-A-Fix (DAF):
http://wiki.lunarsof...2C_and_articles

Have XP CD available in case DAF needs a file. Likely not!

Check all boxes on the screen (clear any restrictions if it shows any)
Then click GO!

When the entire page is finished click the HammerHead at bottom to go to the second DAF page.

Here, one at a time, do the below:

Reinstall BITS
Reinstall Windows Firewall
Repair Permissions
Reset networking

Watch for any File not found or other errors and make note as this may lead to the fix!

Restart computer.

tattoo79

tattoo79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
1. ok i found my DNS client was disabled ,so i enabled it ,then ran ipconfig /flushdns ,successfully flushed DNS Resolver Cache.

2.ran ipconfig /registerdns , got msg- " Registration of DNS resource records for all adapters of this computer has been initiated. Any errors will be reported in Event Viewer in 15 minutes.

3.ran ipconfig /release , got msg- " operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation."

4. ran ipconfig /renew , got msg- " operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation."

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Run other steps. It looks like Winsock may be messed up.