Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help - my work disappeared!

• Please log in to reply

Gregg123

Gregg123

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hi,
I was working on a spreadsheet last night, and kind of fell asleep on the job.

When I woke up the computer had restarted a few hours later. I was hopeful that when I clicked on my spreadsheet it would have the new version including all the work I had done but no.

It is not giving me any option to revert to any other spreadsheet.

I know with Word it automatically creates restore points, is this the same with Excel?

If so, how do I find it?

Many thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Excel does have an Autosave feature.
Without knowing how and why the computer restarted (it's entirely possible you leant on the keyboard, the computer asked to save the changes and "No" was selected) it's going to be kind of hard to recover anything. Saying no to saving your work removes the temporary Autosave files.
So the answer is, you've probably lost it. Moral of the story: Don't fall asleep at the computer. :)