Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help with Remote Access

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm trying to help someone with their computer, and on her end it says waiting for incoming connection, and on my end it says attempting connection... but then i get a message that says, that she closed her remote access... but she says that shes not touching anything.... HELP

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Hello BeckaM,

Remote Desktop can be a little tricky to configure. I assume both of you are behind routers, which means both endpoints need to be configured to connect properly. There are several great & free solutions available to make this process as easy as possible.

Here are some choices:

1) Teamviewer - Link

2) Logmein Free - Link

3) GoToAssist - Link

Teamviewer is one of my favorites. Its very simple to use.

Edited by Ectech, 20 June 2009 - 09:50 AM.

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
There is no need to make multiple topics for the same issue

Since the machine is Windows Vista and this is the Windows XP forum, I am going to close this topic.

I will leave this one open instead