Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless credentials?

• Please log in to reply

ryan38

ryan38

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi there,

Having a problem with wireless credentials on my laptop. I have two desktops (one of which has the router) plus my laptop. My 2nd pc connects to the wireless network without a hitch and has never asked for any credentials. My laptop on the other hand is asking for them and I am not really sure what they are or where to get them.

It asks for User name, pass word, and logon domain?

Any help?

Advertisements

mike171562

mike171562

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Are you using XP or Vista on your laptop? How are you connecting?

if your using vista on the laptop follow instructions below and report any errors.

Connecting to Wireless on Windows vista

oliveleaf

oliveleaf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Having the same problem. Please post if you have found a resolution.

One laptop has no problem connecting to wireless internet.

Newer laptop asks for credentials. Help!!

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi There

You can get your wireless credentials from your router's wireless settings page (varies on routers).

You do this by putting your router's IP address into IE or Firefox and then put in the router's username and password. You can find router default IP's and username / passwords here.

Now you have to apply these settings to any client that is going to be connecting wirelessly. You can either use the program that comes with your wireless adaptor or the one built into Windows like this:

The network name (SSID), security type, encryption type and security key MUST match those settings on the router EXACTLY.

Regards

Attached Thumbnails

• vista_wifi.JPG

Edited by datarunner, 19 August 2009 - 07:40 AM.