Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL

• Please log in to reply

J_Metz

J_Metz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i got redirected here

Attempted to turn my laptop on today (currently on a pc). Running Vista, just prior to the login page where i scan my fingerprint/put in password this error message comes up:

the procedure entry point cstdstubbuffer_couindq( could not be located in the dynamic link library rpcrt4.dll

i have scanned googled and had a root around but havent a clue how to resolve the issue.

When i boot my laptop up in safemode i am able to log in, but whenever i attempt to run a program, e.g. antivirus software or system restore nothing happens, other than the same message being displayed.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

I also got instructed to carry out the OTL thing, but thats impossible as this problem prevents me from opening an internet browser and running any programs

im at my wits end

Advertisements