Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot download anything since switching to firefox from ie7

• Please log in to reply

logari

logari

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

Thanks for all your help and work you people put into this site helping people with their computing problems. I recently had many malware and trojans on my computer and followed your guide to removing them and so far avg and malwarebytes say my computer is clean. So next i followed your advice and preventing malware and trojans by getting rid of IE 7 and downloading firefox 3 with the addons you recommended. But after i removed ie 7 i had to reboot and then i could not load explorer.exe because iertutil.dll was missing and windows would stop loading. So i fixed that by opening task manager and running firefox and downloading a new iertutil.dll from a trusted site and put it in system32 folder and all was good after that except now i cannot download anything because there is some type of glitch where you can not uninstall ie7 after installing service pack 3. I went to follow mozillas advice on the situation but i cannot open my internet properties from control panel because it says "Ordinal 56 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll". Sorry for such a long post but hopefully you all can help me out.

Thank You
Logari

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to geeks to go...

If you recently had problems with malware... My advice to you (unless you had an expert look at your logs and double check, then declare you clean) you most likely have an active infection still...

please start a new thread in the malware forum attach the 4 requested logs and someone will be with you shortly...

Until you have been declared clean you may continue to have problems... and I\we will be unable to determine the cause of your problems...

If you continue to have problems after you are declared clean... Then please return and we will help you further...

Good luck

Cbarnard