Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer and AIM shut down

• Please log in to reply

JensengBYOG

JensengBYOG

• Pip
  • 4 posts
IE shuts down/encounters an error when I am on a website that refreshes itself (news, sports, etc) and AIM shuts down/encounters an error when I try to IM someone. I probably still have the Trojan Smitfraud virus but I am not sure if these two topics are relevant. I have already posted in the Malware section about my trojan problem but no one have responded yet. ;) Please help! Thanks a lot. :tazz:

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Yes, you more than likely are having spyware/virus issues. It appears that those evil programs are blocking your request. Update your virus definitions and do a complete scan in safe mode, (its faster)
also, download and install Ad-aware and spybot, also run these in safe mode, sometimes they get stuck erasing the crap it finds in normal mode, that is why I suggest safe mode. If you dont have anti virus, do a search for the FREE AVG and download it and check for virus definitions twice

Good Luck