Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Slow Loading Messages after VPN Connection

• Please log in to reply

rhaanappel

rhaanappel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all, I'm at my wits end.

We just bought a shiny new laptop at the office, and when I got it back I realized is has Media Center edition installed, and not Pro (no domain support)... We have an office domain.

I setup a VPN server on our domain server and this works fine. After setting up a bunch of other things on the new computer I got around to Outlook.

I imported all of the messages fine, and they loaded fine when I opened them. I then connected the VPN (through the wireless office connection) and all of a sudden it takes 2 minutes to load a message in Outlook.
I should also note that I have a connection to an exchange 2003 server on our server, only used for public folders (calendars, contacts etc...)

Does anyone know why these messages are taking so long to load now? Even when I disconnect the VPN, restart the computer I still get this wait time. This still occurs if I turn off the wireless LAN and have no connection to the network/internet.

These messages (the .pst) file is located on the local hard drive of the laptop, so I have no idea why these messages should be taking so long to load.

Please help with any suggestions! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Advertisements