Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Home Network Setup Problem

• Please log in to reply

spooky

spooky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am trying to set up a home network. I have two laptops, one running win98SE and one running winXP. Both have linksys WPC54G wireless adapter cards connecting to a linksys WRT54G broadband router which connects to a cable modem. I have both laptops set up successfully to connect wirelessly to the router.

I have tried to set up a wirless home network unsuccessfully. I believe the winXP laptop has setup correctly and identifies itself as being on the "Home Network", however in network neighborhood on the win98 machine there are no computers shown.

I have searched for help elsewhere and in this forum and hope someone can help me here as there is a very similar thread (Wireless Home Network Problem) where it sounded like some great advice was offered.

thanks in anticipation
S

Advertisements

spooky

spooky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
update - my winXP laptop now shows the win98SE laptop in the Home Network but it is not accessible with an error message saying the network path was not found. There is still nothing showing in the network neighborhood on the win98 system.

S

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Spooky
Do you still need help with this ?
Cheers
Peterm