Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant boot browser, user name file empty!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

free32

free32

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi I did a windows console repair, and could then boot up the OS. But now i cant start up my browser unless in safe mode/administrator. odd, my user name file is empty, it is like there is no authorization now for the user names to go online, and no name to match against.nor does it now give a filed to create a new user name of change a password. any ideas?
:)

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Did you reinstall, or just fixed your OS?

free32

free32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
didnt replace it, just fixed it. My Nero wont even boot.... :)

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Can you work properly on the machine?

How to use CodeStuff Starter to view services and startup items:

• Please download and install CodeStuff Starter
  • Run Starter by finding it on your start menu after it is installed.
  • When the program opens, you will see three tabs on the main screen (Startup, Processes, Services)
  • Please click the Startup tab and make sure that All Sections is selected on the left hand side under the sections view pane.
  • Once the Startup tab and all sections is selected, please click the File menu and choose Save as HTML.
  • Please save the file to your desktop and call it startup.html.
  • Now, please click the Services tab.
  • Once the Services tab is open, please click the File menu and choose Save as HTML.
  • Please save the file to your desktop and call it services.html.
  • Now that both files have been saved to your desktop, close CodeStuff Starter.
  • Locate the startup.html and services.html files on your desktop. Both files can be attached to the forum, as is. Please do so in your next reply.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Free32....You need to stay in 1 topic such as the one started already. Broni is helping you there. More than 1 post on the same topic is very confusing.

http://www.geekstogo...em-t242885.html

free32

free32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sure - didnt know what day broni may or not be avail. By the way - your avatar says only 'memebr : 1k' , and a new user here like me has no way of knowing who you are or why youre giving directives to other users. but , not to worry - Broni is helping very much and so I can use that thread only.

Edited by free32, 22 June 2009 - 10:41 PM.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Did you so the CodeStuff starter instructions?