Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitors

• Please log in to reply

light_fantastic

light_fantastic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been using my LCD TV as a dual monitor lately, but now it won't bring up the desktop on the TV. I'm using s-video, and it's worked in the past. I just hook the s-video up from TV port to computer port, go into Display Settings, select the second monitor, and click "extend the desktop onto this monitor." Like I said, it used to work but suddenly it won't. I recently installed SP1 onto Vista and downloaded a NVidia graphics card update. Would this have anything to do with it or am I doing something else wrong?

Oh, and when I move the mouse over to the other side after extending, it disappears like it's supposed to but nothing shows up on the TV.

Help? Thanks much

Advertisements