Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SmarterMail

• Please log in to reply

Buggles

Buggles

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My apologies, I posted this in the wrong forum at first, moved it here when I realised my mistake.

About a year ago, after endless hassle with my webmaster and unable to afford to pay another one, I took a leap and tried my hand at doing my own website. I'm not trained to design websites at all, but usually I'm pretty good at feeling my way along and managing in the end. I reasoned that if I keep it simple, I can do it myself. This worked fine up to now, here's the site: http://www.nadiawilliams.co.uk

I chose a web host which gave me an email account with the domain. This email account is with SmarterMail. Everything worked just fine, until last week, when I noticed the inbox was getting very quiet. I know for a fact of three emails sent to me which have not come through. I sent a test email from another account, which also wasn't received.

I found instructions on how to correct this problem - http://www.smarterto...SearchID=142134 - but to my mind it's very technical. Even so, I found out how to put in a command prompt, but entering the stuff as directed gets me nowhere. I think it's because I never installed SmarterMail on my computer, I use the account via the web so I can access this mail box when I travel.

Can anyone please help me resolve this problem, I'm a bit desperate as I was expecting a few really important emails and just pray to god I can retrieve them from the ether when I manage to sort out this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Nadia.

Advertisements