Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my ipod is not connecting to itunes. itunes is not connecting to the s

• Please log in to reply

Amiera

Amiera

• Pip
  • 2 posts
okay. wow. totally new to this (this website). sorry if i messed something up but this is probably the only thing i have left to turn to for help. i just got an ipod touch yesterday (6-21-09). i correctly downloaded itunes with the help of a friend. my ipod is not showing up on itunes and itunes is not connecting to the store. whenever i try to do anything on itunes (create an account, buy music, search music etc.) this message pops up:

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occured (-3212).
Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

it is not a holiday so there is no reason for itunes to just be overloaded. i have tried un-installing and re-installing it about 6 times and have tried cleaning something that a support group told me to do.

i run a diognostics and these are the things that says are wrong with it:

Secure link to iTunes Store failed.
There was no iPod touch found.

i have done just about everything i could think of. i have McAfee for a firewall and Windows. nobody knows what to do, so im hoping you do. please try to help me!

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hello there Amiera :)

Some people claim that McAfee's security products can block Itunes from connecting. You will probably have to manually go in and allow Itunes as an Exception. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with McAfee's interface.. so I can't tell you how to exactly do this - but it should be something quite similar to this:

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar, or open the McAfee interface, via Program Files..
2. Select Internet & Network, then click Configure on the right.
3. In the section titled Firewall protection is enabled, click Advanced.
4. Select Program Permissions from the Home list on the left.
5. Allow Itunes as an Exception.

If you get confused, post a screenshot, and I can try to help you further. Or maybe someone familiar with McAfee can help?

Hope this helps!

-Jason :)

Amiera

Amiera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for replying!!!

actually, i was able to get itunes to connect to the store, but itunes still will not recognize my ipod. whenever i try to do that, a message pops up:

The ipod software update server could not be contacted. There is not enough memory available.

then it gives me an OK button and a More Information button. i click the more info button and it leads me to an apple support center. so i go through all the steps, and still nothing.