Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleteing Corrupted User Account

• Please log in to reply

Lenny vs

Lenny vs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

For the past year, my family computer has been having troubles with a certain user account that has been corrupted beyond repair. It hasn't been stirring too much trouble until now because it is now causing our virus scanner to continually restart. (Mind you, our virus scanner is terrible, but nonetheless efficient...enough)

I've been trying to delete the account, however a microsoft error keeps popping up. Here are the details:

Microsoft ® HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience.

Faulting application mshta.exe, version 7.0.5730.11, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x00036f33.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me and tell me what to do to get rid of this account. If there is anything else you need to know, please reply.
Thanks

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Have you tried in Safe Mode?

Lenny vs

Lenny vs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't think so.
how do I do that?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
http://www.pchell.co.../safemode.shtml

Lenny vs

Lenny vs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay. I got safe mode up and running, but when I tried to delete the account, it was not listed.

To double-check, I tried making a new account under the same name, but it said that account had already been created.