Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to copy my hdd to the bigger one i bought

• Please log in to reply

ifixpcs

ifixpcs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So my HDD was too small and I bought a bigger one. i want to leave both connected. I Would like to boot up from my bigger HDD how can I do this without reinstalling everything?

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go

You can use Easeus Partition manager It is free for personal use(if your get the Home version)

Down load from the above link create a Bootable CD

Reboot the computer with both of the hard drives installed...

Identify the drive you want to replicate and the one you are going to send the data to.

Then tell it to copy the drive to the new drive.

You will have to press a certain button(I don't remember which one) To tell it to finalize the action... (It will take a period of time)

When it is done shutdown the computer remove your old Hard drive (Reboot)

As long as the computer is set to boot from your new HDD it should boot right back in to windows like it always did... (DO NOT ERASE your old HDD until you are sure this worked)

Good luck

Hope this helps

Cbarnard

ifixpcs

ifixpcs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. :)