Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to install xp on old laptop

• Please log in to reply

ruslan1977

ruslan1977

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi
I got an old laptop IBM wich used to have xp.Uforortunatly it not starting because of error c000021a.i decided to reinstall xp but has not got cd drive it got only floppy drive.I give to my friend to use his external dv/cd drive im not sure how does it call, but he says he couldnt because the computer is quit old.i bought this computer from ebay it had xp so it mean someone install it.
Can i take the hard drive and conect it MY TOSHIBA laptrop wich is working condition and reinstall xp on it, and then put it the hard drive back to IBM?
Thanks

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
No, because Windows installation is tied up to the hardware, so the installation will be tied up to Toshiba, and won't work on IBM.

Installing Windows XP using an external USB CD-ROM, DVD-ROM drive: http://www.netcal.com/blog/?p=12