Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my first build... budget $1600 is this a good rig

• Please log in to reply

mikeartie

mikeartie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Case- Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
MOBO- Foxconn BloodRage GTI LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
Video card- GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
PSU-CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
CPU-Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920
RAM-OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK
HARD DRIVESWestern Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM and Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives
MONITER-SAMSUNG ToC T220 Rose-Black 22" 2ms GTG Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
DVD Burner-SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F - OEM
Model #:SH-S223F

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
All looks good. Good reliable brands, all compatible. :)

I wonder if you would be happier with a smaller, but FASTER main hard drive that you would put your OS and programs on. Then use the 1TB to store all your media like photos, movies, and music. Here are the Velociraptors that spin at 10000 RPM instead of the one you picked spinning at 7200 RPM. Also, for the 1TB you picked, look at the combos that you can save with. I especially like the one that offers it with Vista 64bit, there is one for 32bit too. Here is the LINK

I have an i7 I built, the link to a video of it is in my signature. A link to my youtube channel that has a couple videos of it in action is in my signature too. It has a 640GB 7200RPM Western Digital. Thought that might help confirm, this is what you want. It will be a very nice and fast rig. Good job!

Let me know if you have any questions.