Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot find dvd in drive

• Please log in to reply

molo221

molo221

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Sounds like it is having an issue with the drive itself... try right clicking the drive in the device menu and select properties and see what it says about it....

I have a DVD from a family reunion with pictures so is data files. I have DelllDimension 4700 with cd drive with read and write capabilities and dvd drive but not write. I can play CD's fine but not DVD/s. I have checked Device Manager and it says working fine. One thing I did notice when doing that is on properties it says a region must be selected but none has been selected. SHould I hve United States in there? My computer was purchased at end of 2005 and a new hard drive had to be installed one year later. I used to be able to play movies just fine but have not used the DVD drive in quite some time--in fact not certain since new hard drive installed or not. I have Windows Media Player 11 installed now and using XP Professional. I have done all of that uninstalling and restart, checked for new drivers, etc. I use FIrefox also. Everutjomg e;se os wprlomg fome/ Amu siggestopms

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

SHould I hve United States in there?

If you live in US, and all your DVDs come from Region 1, then yes.