Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't get an image that is a GIF file to open

• Please log in to reply

big boy

big boy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
When I attempt to open a GFI image that I have down loaded or received in an E-Mail or stored, I can't open it if, it is in a framed box with a small box in the upper left hand corner that you are suppose to click on to make an image appear. When I click on this small box NOW with a red X in it for about a second I see some small designs in the small box that I have clicked on,it is ( the way it ust to look before I got this problem)it is a GFI file image icon that won't open I think there is a setting in the register turning off the file so it won't open. OR a Virus. HELP, thanks Big Boy

Edited by big boy, 22 June 2009 - 11:07 PM.

Advertisements

big boy

big boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, I am still waiting for some of the best brains in the computer field to figure out why I can't open the red X (GFI)image. I thought I would answer my own self and see if the thousands of users would look again at my problem. I have posted it three times I think with all of the information needed. Come on guys Think! LOL I have thought out. Thanks, for reading this plead. Big Boy

big boy

big boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well I solved my own problem. I downloaded a program that is capable of displaying images with T.6 (ccitt Group 4) compression from the US Paten Office Site. For free