Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Device Not Recognised

• Please log in to reply

mike_h

mike_h

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

This is the problem as I see it:

When I connect a device (thumb drive,USB Hub, Camera) to my USB slot, an error box appears reading "USB Device Not Recognised".

I have a wireless keyboard and it used USB connection and this does NOT create the same error message.

The USB devices work fine on other PC's

When I switch the keyboard USB over to other slots I do not receive the error and it works fine.

When I connect another device to the slot that the keyboard WAS connected to, I get an error.

It seems to be a software/driver issue as the devices tests ok on other PC's and the USB slots work ok (with the keyboard as known good device)... so now I'm at a loss. If it is a software issue, how did it suddenly appear?

...any suggestions? :)

thanks - Mike

Advertisements