Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explorer 7 http file 404 ot found

• Please log in to reply

Danny77

Danny77

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My connection is good, my homepage is set to yahoo and I keep getting this error message. After researching microsoft library, their is an article that says this error message may appear "if I pass the URL address through an active X control that accepts extended characters as parameters in Internet explorer 7."

I have no Idea what that means, and How to fix this issue? any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Danny77, 23 June 2009 - 09:51 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
HTTP 404 is typically "Page Not Found". It is a message generated by the web site you're on and I fail to see how ActiveX has anything to do with it.

The 404 or Not Found error message is a standard response code indicating that the web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox or whatever) was able to communicate with the server but the server could not find what was requested. 404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all.

What is your homepage address please?

Danny77

Danny77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My home address was set to Yahoo.com, Which is always available. If I am not getting updates for my computer would that be a possibility why this message comes up every time I try to use the internet?