Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Beeps and locks up during video game play

• Please log in to reply

lykan777

lykan777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have been having a weird problem with my pc, I was reading some posts you and a few administrators were making about when the PC beeps during start up it's either telling you that the pc passed the system check or that there is something wrong, well I get my beeps when I'm playing video games, World of Warcraft to be more specific, now, while i'm playing the computer will kind of lock up and then catch up so every single keystroke i inputed or clicked with my mouse or keyboard becomes a system beep and then i lose control of my character for the duration and it all catches up to itself with a system beep for corresponding keystrokes, I was looking at the causes of the beeps and the only few things i could come up with is maybe a bad Motherboard, or a bad Video card. I am referencing this post http://www.geekstogo...es-t106845.html

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
A single beep during boot generally means the system passed POST - power on self-test. Beeps during the middle of use generally means heat - lots of heat, perhaps from dust build up - and/or a bad fan.