PCI driver updates
Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:19 PM
Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:05 PM
Does everything work on your computer?
BTW, what is "Windows WP prof"? XP Pro?
Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:57 PM
Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:38 PM
2. The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it's easier to locate the device.
3. Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
4. Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
5. You should see a code similar to this
6. The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:
Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC
7. Once you have obtained both the IDs, proceed to PCI Database. There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.
8. Then from there you can go directly to the hardware manufactureres website and get the driver.
Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:34 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users