Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System keeps rebooting when I log in.

• Please log in to reply

witeguynhi

witeguynhi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Good day all,

I installed MyDVD 5.0 Trial ver on my computer. When I rebooted and tried to log in. ;) After loggin in the computer would reboot and just keeps doing this every time I log in. I have admin rights but can't log in with anyone with admin rights. I can log in as a user but I can't uninstall the program. Any help is greatly appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
can you boot into safe mode? try that: To start the computer in safe mode

When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER. Try login and removing the program there. You can also run system restore from safe mode:

To run System Restore in safe mode
Access System Restore through Help and Support.
Follow the instructions on your screen.
Notes

To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, and then click Help and Support. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard.
While the computer is in safe mode, System Restore does not create any restore points. Therefore, you cannot undo a restoration that you performed when the computer was in safe mode.
You can use System Restore to restore your computer to any restore point while in safe mode. If you cannot start the computer in standard mode, you can use System Restore to restore to a time when you could start the computer without errors.
To restore to a time when your computer started without errors, select a restore point as close to the time you remember it last started without errors.
If System Restore is suspended because of insufficient disk space, you cannot enable it by making more disk space available while in safe mode. You must restart the computer in standard mode and make more disk space available.

witeguynhi

witeguynhi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No. I tried to boot in Safe Mode but it does the same thing, keeps rebooting once Windows comes up.

bhmax16

bhmax16

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
How quickly does it reboot? Do you have time to quickly right click on my computer, select properties, click on the advanced tab, click settings under startup and recovery, and click edit to view your startup options file? If so I'd like to see what that file looks like because I could probably help you edit your boot file so your computer stops restarting. If you don't even get into windows before the computer restarts then I prob won't be able to help you until I have a chance to do a bit more research. I'm workin on problems with my computer at the moment too!