Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Google not working, Fake virus protection

• Please log in to reply

sesinm24

sesinm24

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I have a few bugs that I'm trying to deal with on my computer...

1.) When I open my cpu and log in, I am forced to hit ctl. alt. delete to bring up my task manager. I have to quickly go to the processes tab and end two random processes that appear as random numbers (ex. 37888273). If I don't delete these two in a fast enough time I get...

2.) A fake virus protection pop up. This program changes my background to a black and red sign with a false advertisement, and I am unable to run any programs on my computer. As a result, I am forced to restart my computer and try again.

3.) My final problem is that major search engines do not work on my computer. When I look up google, I get a "connection interrupted" sign, and I cannot perform any searches. Bing, yahoo, and any other major search engines do not work whatsoever. I am forced to use lycos instead. Also, when I attempt to search "connection interrupted" my computer freezes my firefox and forces it to quit.

Any and all help would be appreciated with these...I have tried using something called Combo-fix, but that failed miserably unfortunately...Is there any solution to these problems?

Thanks so much!

Advertisements

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi sesinm24, :) Welcome to Geeks2Go.

I would suggest that you jump over "Here", to the Malware forum, and starting at the top of that page, slowly work your way down, doing everything that It says to do.

Then, if you still have trouble, follow the instructions to post a HJT, or whatever it's called, log and wait for help to arrive.

Just be patient, everyone here works for free, and it could be several days before you hear anything.

If you decide to follow my suggestion then once you get started don't make any changes to your system other than what a HJT team member tells you to make.

Good luck Boo.

Edited: EEEEEK...!! I just saw what you said about ComboFix... NEVER run ComboFix on your machine UNLESS instructed to do so by a member of the HJT Team...! That sucker can kill your PC.

My suggestion now is that you HURRY over to the malware forum, follow their instructions, AND tell them that you have already ran ComboFix on your own. But whatever you do DO NOT click that Icon again unless someone from the Malware, or HJT Team tells you to.

Wendy

Edited by wendy k. walker, 23 June 2009 - 09:12 PM.