I have just built a new PC (see specs bellow) and I am receiving neither a BIOS beep nor video signal.
MB: ASUSTeK P6T7 WS SuperComputer MOBO
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D VIDEO: HIS HX70PRQ128-3TOEN IceQII (ATI x700Pro 128MG)
HD: Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive OD: LG GSA-4167BB Multi DVD drive
PSU: PC Power & Cooling PPCT1200ESA 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply Graphic: EVGA 01G-P3-1287-AR GeForce GTX 285 SSC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
Fan Controller: NZXT SEN-001LX Sentry LX Aluminum dual bay fan controller
DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B
Here is what I have done:
- assembled the system both in and out of the case, piece by piece;
- verified both the 4-pin ATX 12V and the EATXPWR 24-pin power connectors are firmly attached;
- confirmed jumpers are set to factory defaults;
- doubled checked that the RAM modules are inserted in the appropriate DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 slots -- though, I have also tried every slot with one module and all two-module combinations;
- checked that the HD is connected to the SATA1 port;
- cleared the RTC RAM; and,
- cleaned video card and RAM connectors with rubbing alcohol.
First this configuration does not have an internal speaker therefore, I can't hear any beeps? Any recommendations?
I have RMA and installed a new processor, video card and motherboard. However the problem persists. Any suggestions.
Any help appreciated