Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New PC Build Does Not Post and No Video

• Please log in to reply

coolsane2007

coolsane2007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
No BIOS or video with Asus P6T7 SuperComputer MOBO
Greetings.

I have just built a new PC (see specs bellow) and I am receiving neither a BIOS beep nor video signal.

MB: ASUSTeK P6T7 WS SuperComputer MOBO
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D VIDEO: HIS HX70PRQ128-3TOEN IceQII (ATI x700Pro 128MG)
HD: Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive OD: LG GSA-4167BB Multi DVD drive
PSU: PC Power & Cooling PPCT1200ESA 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply Graphic: EVGA 01G-P3-1287-AR GeForce GTX 285 SSC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
Fan Controller: NZXT SEN-001LX Sentry LX Aluminum dual bay fan controller
DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B

Here is what I have done:

- assembled the system both in and out of the case, piece by piece;
- verified both the 4-pin ATX 12V and the EATXPWR 24-pin power connectors are firmly attached;
- confirmed jumpers are set to factory defaults;
- doubled checked that the RAM modules are inserted in the appropriate DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 slots -- though, I have also tried every slot with one module and all two-module combinations;
- checked that the HD is connected to the SATA1 port;
- cleared the RTC RAM; and,
- cleaned video card and RAM connectors with rubbing alcohol.

First this configuration does not have an internal speaker therefore, I can't hear any beeps? Any recommendations?

I have RMA and installed a new processor, video card and motherboard. However the problem persists. Any suggestions.

Any help appreciated

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

Here is what I have done:

- assembled the system both in and out of the case, piece by piece;
- verified both the 4-pin ATX 12V and the EATXPWR 24-pin power connectors are firmly attached;
- confirmed jumpers are set to factory defaults;
- doubled checked that the RAM modules are inserted in the appropriate DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 slots -- though, I have also tried every slot with one module and all two-module combinations;
- checked that the HD is connected to the SATA1 port;
- cleared the RTC RAM; and,
- cleaned video card and RAM connectors with rubbing alcohol.

First this configuration does not have an internal speaker therefore, I can't hear any beeps? Any recommendations?

I have RMA and installed a new processor, video card and motherboard. However the problem persists. Any suggestions.

Then I would be looking at the power supply. Certainly PC P&C make some of the best supplies, but that does not mean one could not be bad out of the box.

Oh, and in the future, it is not a good idea to use chemicals to clean electrical contacts, unless it is electrical contact cleaner made for such tasks. What I do is get plain yellow pencil, rub the dirt off the erasure on my jeans, then gently erase any dirt and corrosion off the contacts - while being careful to observe ESD precautions. That said, new components should not have any dirt on the contacts, especially if care is taken to keep fingers (and skin oils) off of the contacts. Typically, removing the card or module, then replacing the card or module is more than enough to scrape clean the mating surfaces to get good contact.

And speaking of ESD, did you observe necessary ESD prevention precautions to prevent any static in your body from destroying sensitive devices?