Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics and audio

• Please log in to reply

Isnips

Isnips

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

Until recently i have been running an ATI Sapphire HD2600 pro graphics card using audio from the on board HD 7.1 on my Asrock ConroeXfire mobo. as my surround sound system has its own amplifier the only way for me to get the sound to come out is by using just the center speaker port and then speaker fill in settings. However when playing DVD's i keep having moments of dead sound as it does not playout rear left or right sound. As tis was annoying the [bleep] out of me i reverted back to my old Sapphire x1600 HDMI pro card and set up the HDMI audio on it. This worked perfectly for a couple of days but now when i turn on the PC i can hear the welcome tune(at login screen) but once logged in the sound stops. I have tried to go back to the on board audio but nothing comes through there either. When playing audio it looks as if it plays fine(can see output levels in sound settings) and doesnt give any errors but no sound comes out.

Does anyone have any ideas what the cause of this might be?

Also does anyone know if the Sapphire HD2600 pro is capable of HDMI audio even though using the DVI to HDMI block provided with the card?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements