Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

On board sound..need help

• Please log in to reply

johnny1234

johnny1234

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I will try to explain this shortly...

I just got a new gfx card (Nvidia GTS 250) installed it, but now I do not have sound. I've read everything but cant find a solution.

Something that is wierd though: when I plug my mic in to the front USB port, I get sound through my speakers for 6 seconds, then it goes away again. Not sure why it does that.

I've installed all drivers (I think) says everything is working and up to date. Everything is plugged in, no loose cords. I've tried reinstalling the "high def audio device" and reinstalling. I've went into BIOS and made sure it was on.

My single speaker is attached to my monitor. I have 2 monitors if that means anything.

Dell XPS 420
Not sure what kind of motherboard I have but its the one that came with the dell XPS 420 model.

I've included a pic. As you can see, my speakers are getting sound but its just not coming out.

Any tips would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• sound.jpg
  • driver.jpg
  • vista.jpg
  • hd.jpg
  • new.jpg

Edited by johnny1234, 24 June 2009 - 06:34 PM.

Advertisements