Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with the Registry ?

• Please log in to reply

Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear friends

I would like someone to help me with this problem that happened just some days ago.
I have Windows XP Home SP2 installed.

- I open the Windows Update Web page, do a serach for new updates and the opens another page telling me that I have programas not registered.
Then I choose to register, goes to 100%, perform another seach, Same thing again...

- Windows Defender gives me the error 0x80040154 when I check for new updates.

- I can't install anything that uses Windows Installer (*.msi). Message: "It's not possible to acess the service Windows Installer....."
This service is running in my computer.
I've tried "msiexec /unregister" followed by "msiexec /regserver". This doesn't solve the problem.

- I can't see or acess my network.

- My printer is always offline. So I can't print anything.

I'm the sole user of this computer.

I can't restore the system for 10 days behind.

I can't use Safe Mode with the user Administrator.

I've run a full search for virus and spyware. Nothing major was found.

Could this be a problem of permissions in the registry.
Should a re-installation repair this problem ???

One more thing. When I'm trying to see the dependencies of the Services, a message appears: "Interface: Class not registered".

I have joined a printout of HijackThis
Thank you for your attention

Edited:

I have removed your Hijackthis log as we do not attend these logs in the forum. Go to the Malware forun, and once you have received a clean bill of health the you can post in this forum if necessary.

Advertisements