Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create an account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign In Create Account

My Malwarebytes' Antimalware program won't launch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

oliver amaya

oliver amaya

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I'm at my friend's house right now and I'm trying to clean up his computer w/ Malwarbytes' BUT the program doesn't seem to launch. I tried reinstalling it 2 times already and nothing. I've tried to use the run option but that doesn't seem to work either.
On another note, when I try to use the direct links posted here on Geeks2Go Mozilla takes me to a page that says the connection has been lost when it clearly hasn't.

Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Similar Topics: My Malwarebytes' Antimalware program won't launch     x

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts
As you already guessed, your friend has malware/virus. I am not an expert on malware so I can't give you detailed advise. That is left to the malware experts.
There is malware/ virus that will interfere with the installation and running of the programs. Try downloading the programs to a flash drive and then installing and running.
After that I have to direct you to the malware forum (link in my signature)

123runner

oliver amaya

oliver amaya

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Okay cool, always good to get some one's view on this. I'll start using the guide.
But, since I'm here in the software section I ran into a new problem.

After cleaning up his computer w/ Avast I was able to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but the new problem is that I get error code 723(0, 0) when I try to update the database of it. Does anyone know what that is? I am looking on Google right now, hopefully I Can find something there. But I trust you guys here more than random people on Google haha.

Don't mind this link I'm going to post. I'm just putting it here so I can save it for later.
jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/chrome/en-US.jar!/locale/browser-region/region.propertieswww.malwarebytes.org
(it's the link I get redirected to when I use Google. I just need to post it here so I can talk to the Malware section guys about it later)

Edited by oliver amaya, 24 June 2009 - 03:08 PM.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,622 posts
Hello and welcome back to Geeks to Go,

As this is malware related either you or your friend need to open a topic in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal section of the forum, so you can be helped by a trained staff member.

I will close this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured