Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to download sp3 and any other updates either auto or manual

• Please log in to reply

mandy8371

mandy8371

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Long story short.....Dell techs found that my hard drive was corrupted by my at&t security suite so they deleted everything and put my regular os back in..........now I am unable to download sp3 or any other upgrades needed for my computer. I have been emailing with Microsoft techs for 2 weeks and am now with "engineer 3" but he hasnt got back with me for a few days. I contacted Dell again last night and talked to them and they came into the computer and tried to do the upgrades but 1/2 way through the dsod came on and we lost each other. He called on the phone but told me I would need to contact their "on call office" of which I dont know if they can help or not.
Since this has happened.......the bsod comes on about avery 10 to 20 min or so........I lose the mouse alot..........the computer is very slow and it will freeze sometimes. We seemed to try everything but nothing helped and I was wondering if.............(Im not computer savey)......the new os they uploaded to me.......could there be something wrong with it?....I even had to buy a new seagate free agent go so save my pictures but that wont even work right now..........
has anyone here had any of these problems? sure would like to know how you managed to get your computer back to normal........thanks......

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
What is the BSOD error code?
Do you know exactly the Dell techs did? How about the Microsoft engineers?