Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP DV6000 laptop not starting up

• Please log in to reply

Japstar

Japstar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I have a HP DV6113tx laptop, and its being running fine, but recently it started screwing up. When I have the battery in with no power plugged in, the computer starts up until it reaches the windows desktop with icons loaded, and then suddenly turns off (No lights, fans, or screen - completely dead).

When I attempt to turn it back on when the battery is still in, I press the power button and nothing happens, no lights, no sounds...its as if the battery isnt responding.

If I leave the battery in and plug AC adapter in, the laptop immeadeately starts up and is fine...If I was to take plug out and use the battery it then works.

The battery is not dead, because when i plug in the ac adapter and start it up, the capacity is around 70%.

So the issue is when windows starts up with the batteryonly ...for some reason it just stops recognising it.

Anything I can do to fix it, cos its annoying when Im on the move and the laptop doesnt work.

Regards

Japstar

Advertisements

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Alright, i thought ill post an update in case anyone has similar problem.

The laptop started getting worse where the headphone jacks also stopped working.

so i took it to a technician and after an investigation, it was found to be a malfunctioning motherboard, so after they installed a whole new motherboard, the laptop is working fine now. No more battery problems, and my headphone jack works.

Japstar