Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Laptop's screen flickers.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Here's a RS link since I couldn't think of another way of sharing it easily.
It's under 4mb and should be a direct download, but if you get a countdown timer, sorry, the trafficshare may have been used up (though it is 5gb and shoulod be plenty).

Basically, he is shaking the laptop and the screen starts to flicker. Now I'm not there, but he says this does happen occassionally on its own.
I think it sounds and looks as though the cable connected to the screen is slightly loose or damaged. I say this because I think I recall him not being able to screenshot it, but I asked him to be sure.
This will go into repairs, but last time we called them they tried to convince him it was a bad graphics driver... SO the more info we can through at them to make them shut up, the better, basically.