Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Office 2003/2007 issues

• Please log in to reply

rewindme37334

rewindme37334

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
HAVE UPLOADED SOME PATCHES... BUT STILL HAVING ISSUES.... HELP! Any ideas????

Because I have Office 2007 and do the majority of the work on proposals which includes creating and inserting graphics wrapped into text, we are running into a problem when people who still are working Office 2003 open files. On some of the graphics (not all, and we can’t seem to identify which are different, although excel tables seem more susceptible) the text does not wrap, and in facts covers the graphics making reading of both the text and the graphic difficult to impossible. Because most of our Government customers and many of our company computers are still using Office 2003, this presents a large problem, in that I first have to create documents on my computer with 2007, then move to a computer with 2003 and fix everything so other people with 2003 can read it.

Advertisements

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Why don't you write them in 2003 at the outset?

rewindme37334

rewindme37334

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Wouldn't that require having 2003? I figured that might be a fix of some sort. We are in the process of migrating all of our systems over to 2007, but in the mean time trying to come up with something.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
are you saving them in 2007 native format then using the office converter pack on 2003 to open them up? if so...have you tried saving the document in 2003 (and earlier) format from the 2007 machines?

rewindme37334

rewindme37334

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Save it directly to the 2003....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...that was my guess hehe....i'll see if i can think of something else...in my experience...office just does weird stuff sometimes...(that's not an answer...just an observation)

rewindme37334

rewindme37334

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yes I agree.. WEIRD! The problem here is that this is our publications person... so when she sends something up to the president, and it looks all screwed up, the president freaks out(not understanding the reason) and it gets bad from there! Thanks for you input and if you come up with anything let me know.. would love to get this issue whooped!