Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FBI Computer Forensics Hard Drive Recovery Tool?

• Please log in to reply

nates_tips

nates_tips

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I was reading an article online, and of course, as a geek, the title "FBI Computer Forensics" caught my eye.

A FBI lab in San Diego let the media in and allowed them to take some shots.

This image caught my eye. Notice the tool that is connected to the hard drive. What is that tool called? Is there even anything like this out in the market, or is just toys for the government?

I just found this interesting.

Advertisements

sarmientorodel

sarmientorodel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
As we all know, government always has something in advanced not available to the market. pictures are interesting.

I remember Internet history. :)

good if they really have the facility for harddrive recovery.

Thanks for a nice share.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.digitalre...co.nz/Talon.htm google is your friend

also moved this to the proper area of the forum...not really about web development

nates_tips

nates_tips

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

also moved this to the proper area of the forum...not really about web development

Did I really post this in Web Development? I thought that I had posted it in the Hardware, Components and Peripherals forum. Either way, thanks for moving this to the right place!

AgentXu

AgentXu

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Can I ask, what to you guys, will be a very stupid question? (I'm going to anyway.) If I threw my laptop into the bathtub would it be ruined beyond all recovery? I ask this because in movies (where all of my computing knowledge comes from) they always go through elaborate means to destroy their computers (like...making them explode somehow) and I've always wondered if that's really necessary. Would a bottle of water do the trick or would it just ruin the laptop?

A.X.

Mjöllnir

Mjöllnir

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,207 posts

If I threw my laptop into the bathtub would it be ruined beyond all recovery?

You might find this read interesting.

http://hubpages.com/...er-Water-Damage