Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting dvd to rmvb format

• Please log in to reply

sauravrk

sauravrk

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
can any one tell me the free software for converting dvd to rmvb format. if there is paid version then which software is good for converting.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What dvd's are you trying to convert and why?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Not sure why you would want to encode to a DRM'd media, but here is something i found that looks like it has functionality as a trial.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Rip DVD with Freez DVD Ripper (free): http://www.smallvide...com/dvd-ripper/
It'll be ripped into .avi format.
Convert .avi to .rmvb with free Any Video Converter: http://www.any-video...for_video_free/

sauravrk

sauravrk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i wanted to convert my dvd collection to dvd because i need it most of the time and it is annoying to everytime insert dvd when i need it. also i dont have enough hard drive to store that. so in which format should i convert my dvd to preserve it in hard drive. i have converted to avi format but i wanted to know other formats which does the same job as of avi format and keeping file size to minimum than of avi format and not to forget about the quality also.

convince

convince

• Pip
  • 0 posts
There are many DVD ripping freewarelike Handbrake or DVD43 could help you convert DVD to RMVB format ...

convince

convince

• Pip
  • 0 posts
In addition, DVDshrink is also a dvd ripper freeware...

Edited by convince, 10 January 2011 - 04:08 AM.