Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DNS Forwarders and Domain Trusts

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
So I need to setup a domain trust between two different domains, in 2 seperate locations. We have a site to site vpn between them so we are always connected. The first step is to in DNS to create a forwarder to the other domain, if this is not in place you cannot setup the trust.
Now when I create the forwarders on each domain dns server, the mail from site A stops being delivered to site B. But site B can still email to site A. If I remove the forwarders and wait a little bit email comes back. Ive repeated this process about 4 times and each time with the forwarder mail stops, forwarder removed, mail flows.

So, what could be the cause or where should I look to try and resolve this, I am sort of at a loss.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisements