Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am not sure if I have a virus :<

• Please log in to reply

miLl3niUm

miLl3niUm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello GeeksToGo community, I had some weird actions happening on my windows 7 system. Firstly I suddenly turned my eye to my computer and I saw the cd drive open. My computer is on the floor, left of my desk where the monitor is, so I might have pressed the eject button accidentally (with my feet). After that, while I had 3 windows open (Windows Media Player(streaming radio with website content shown), Firefox, World of Warcraft) the WMP windows popped twice without me pressing Alt-Tab or anything (WoW window was active). On the other side, the viruses nowadays are mostly made to steal info and not destroy your computer, or make the infected person suspicious. Can you please tell me what info I have to post in order you can see if I have a virus or not? I have tried several malware removal tools I found in some section but they didn't found anything. Oh I almost forgot that 2-3 days I got a warning from AVG about some Javascript Exploit infection caused by a url -something like- *creditcard*.us. I checked my browsers and I had no such website open, nor a pop-up (since firefox blocks them and I also use NoScript + AdblockPlus). AVG had only "Close" option in that pop-up, I didn't see any text like "Action blocked" or "Healed". Sorry for the long text. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements