Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System but still laggy

• Please log in to reply

Gideon777

Gideon777

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just had a new PC built last week and here's what I got:

Processor: LINK

Motherboard: LINK

Video Card: LINK

Memory 4GB: LINK

LCD Monitor: LINK

Case: LINK

My problem is, when playing my one and only game COD4, the game is very laggy, especially when shooting at more then one player.

My Game Graphics settings are as follows:

>Video Mode: 1680-1050 (for this 22" wide monitor I believe this is correct)

>Screen Refresh: 75 Hz

>Aspect Ratio: Auto

>Anti Alias: 4X

>Sync frame: NO

>Dual Video: NO

>Texture Filter Auto

>Texture Quality: Auto

>Antsofropic: At lowest setting

Here are some attempts I've made recently to try and solve the lag issue:

· Set-up my Internet connection to TURBO SPEED upgrade with Road Runner High speed

· Tried different graphic settings with the game

· Verified that no other programs were running while playing

I really don’t believe it could be the video card, but then again, it may be. I don’t know. I also have the FPS & Lagometer running in game, and I don't have solid blue and green lines. I do get a red line spike on occasion, but the blue line looks more like blue and yellow in an intermittent fashion.

In fact with the upgrade to Turbo Speed with Road Runner, it made absolutely no difference. The ONLY thing that worked was this morning I tried playing at like 6am and there was NO Lag! But if it was my internet, why didn't the upgrade work just 30 minutes ago? In fact, my old PC running a Geforce 8700 never lagged. I'm at a loss! :)

Any thoughts?? I appreciate any input on this issue and hopefully there's a solution!

Thanks

Gideon/Mike G.

Edited by starjax, 28 June 2009 - 10:47 AM.

Advertisements

Gideon777

Gideon777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone?