Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Not Booting Correct Video Card

• Please log in to reply

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have upgraded my desktop with an Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT, which is a PCI Express Card. For some odd reason my HP a6110n will randomly choose which video card to use. I have went into the BIOS settings and changed it so the PCI Express slot is the primary one to use, and still it will randomly choose which one to use, I have replaced the Power Supply five times thinking that is the problem even upgraded it to a 900Watt one, but same issue. I do not like the Onboard video it plays most of my games, but a lot of the newers ones are extremely sluggish with it, which is why I want to use the nicer card to play them on.

If any more info is needed feel free to let me know and I will post it once I am able to, right now kind of in a hurry to post since I haven't gone to bed and I have to be at work in less than 6 hours, gotta get to bed for some needed sleep after five days of 18 hour shifts, and tomarrow looks the same for me.

***EDIT***

I have made sure all drivers are up to date. Even flashed the BIOS hoping it was an issue with the code in the BIOS, but still not fixed. Anyone got any ideas? I have also attached a Hijackthis and Dxdiag logs if that helps, it will not show the 8500 card because right now it is only booting the onboard card even if the video monitor is plugged into the 8500.

Attached Files

Edited by KoE_Dae'Loki, 30 June 2009 - 11:04 PM.

Advertisements

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I take it no one knows anything about this?

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
*Bump*

I am thinking it might be the video card, is there a way to tell without spending any money in figuring this out? I did a google search of the video card, and found out that a lot of people are having this issue, but I want to be sure before I contact PNY to see about a warranty.