Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have smith fraud virus Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kimmiesday

kimmiesday

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Help I have smith fraud virus I paid to have it removed about 2 weeks ago and its back. I am not computer smart and am having a hard time even figuring out how to do a log it says to run web update feature where is that? can someone please help me I need someone very patient and can use "baby talk" to walk me threw this process Ill try not to drive you crazy I promise :tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Hello kimmiesday.

Thanks for following my instructions from Chat (I'm Andy :tazz:)

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
In order to assist you, we need to see the log from an Ad-Aware SE 1.05 full system scan.

Important Note! Before performing a scan, be sure that you have the most recent definitions file by using WebUpdate. (Click on the Globe icon, Click connect, Click OK, Click Finish.) At this current point * SE1R44 10.05.2005 * is the most recent definition file.

Ad-Aware SE comes preconfigured with default options so we need you to make only one change. Please deselect "Search for negligible risk entries" as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat. This option can be changed when choosing your scan type.

Select "Perform Full System Scan" and press "Next". When the scan has completed, click "Show Logfile".

Please copy/paste the complete log file here using the reply button. Don't quarantine or remove anything at this time, just post a complete logfile. This sometimes takes 2-3 posts to get it all posted. You will know you are at the end when you see the "Summary of this scan" information has been posted.

When you have posted your log here, Team Lavasoft can advise on what to do next.

Please post back if you have any questions or other problems.

Good luck

Andy

kimmiesday

kimmiesday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how do I get webupdate?

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
WebUpdate
To start WebUpdate click the WebUpdate button in the toolbar or use the "Check for updates now" link on the Status screen.

Click "Connect" to check if a new definition file is available. If a new file is available click "OK" to download it.

(The file will automatically be stored to the correct location on your computer.)

kimmiesday

kimmiesday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Andy

Im starting to feel really stupid at this point there is no web update in my tool bar and I dont know where to check for the update now link? I told you this would be rough my computer knowledge is how to play games on yahoo thats about it sorry ;) so where would I find the link ? I promise to donate hefty amount LOL shoot I already paid 150.00 to have this fixed once guess they seen me coming :tazz:)

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
When you open Ad-aware SE.

Above the start button,

"Check for updates now"

Click that

Then connect

It will find a new definition file.

Download,

Wait until it says finished,

Then follow my instructions above