Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Share a Folder to Just One PC/Person

• Please log in to reply

geekako

geekako

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
In Vista, when i am sharing folders, I always pick the "Everyone" choice when asked whom I want to share it with. But what happens obviously is that every PC (usually up to 4 PCs) that is connected to my network can access the folder and files that I shared. Is it possible to just pick one or two PCs that can access the said shared folder. I allow all of them to be connected to my network just because of the internet access but I just want 1 of them to access my folder. FYI: All the PCs are running Vista. Any help would be awesome. thanks.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Here is a link that will help to explain file/folder/printer sharing with Vista.

Edited by hfcg, 28 June 2009 - 02:12 PM.

geekako

geekako

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
thanks for the response but i've already tried that but i can't find the names of the users in the list. it just says Guest, MyUserName, Everyone, Create a New User. How can I find the name of the user connected to my network (via a router). I just want to share the files with him and not to the other ones connected to my network.
Thanks.