Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop 0x00000050 error message

• Please log in to reply

topedge

topedge

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
I have a Dell Dimension 9150 and get the Blue Page 050 error message 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I am unable to boot in any form. I am thinking of replacing the DDR to 2G hoping that would solve the problem. Any thoughts?
Thank you

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
This error message can indicate faulty RAM.
How many pieces of RAM does your machine have? If 2 or more remove one piece at a time and see if you get the error.
If you can replace your RAM do that (removing the old RAM) and see if you get the error.

topedge

topedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I replaced both old sticks with new sticks and get the same blue screen error. Next?
Thanks,

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
See if you can boot in to safe mode.
Press the F8 key (repeatedly) when you first turn on the machine.
When you get the boot options menu select safe mode (or try last known good configuration).
Let me know what happens.

topedge

topedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hard drive tested fine.

topedge

topedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I can not get past blue screen in any mode.

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Have you added any new hardware/software?
Do you have any thing plugged in to a USB port?
Are you sure that the RAM you swapped in is good?
Do you have an original XP disc?

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Hard drive tested fine.

How did you test the hard drive?

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
If the machine will boot off of a disc I would like to try some thing.
If you do not have an original XP disc,
Here is a link that you can download the recovery console to your desktop.
And here is a link that tells you how to make the disc.
This is used to repair your computer, using the proper utilitys.

Once you are in the recovery console;

Step I. Access the reconvery console using the OS CD. as suggested already you need to have your OS CD to repair it.

To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, use the following steps:

Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console and follow the process till you will be at the recovery console command prompt.Getting to the Windows Recovery Console

STEP II. At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following lines(in blue) then press enter after.

1. cd \ ( Note: between "cd" and "\" there should be a "blank space" else the command won''''t work )
2. cd system~1\_resto~1

If it gives an error "Access Denied" while accessing the folder, follow the method below

cd \ <Enter>
cd windows\system32\config <Enter>
ren system system.bak<Enter>
exit<Enter>

Thenrestart the computer and follow step I.

3. dir

when you hit <Enter> it will list all the restore points folders like rp1,rp2................ we have to see the last restore point to copy the file from a recent backup. if the restore points have more than one page then u have keep on hitting the <Enter> key to view the last restore point folder.

4. cd rp {the last restore point no. } (Note : Example : cd rp9, if rp9 is the last restore point, where last restore point no.=9 )

5. cd snapshot

Now the command Prompt will look like this c:\system~1\_resto~1\rp9\snapshot> ( Note : restore point 9 assumed for clarity of the content, you have to goto the last restore point folder as described in the previous lines) Now according to the error message we have to copy the appropriate file from the restore point folder.

6. copy _registry_machine_system c:\windows\system32\config\system
7. Type Exit then press enter. your computer should restart and don't forget to cross your fingers

topedge

topedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi,
I can boot to the CD which I copied from your link. It starts with a Windows Setup screen and runs a number of 'loading files' then 'Setup is starting Windows' and I have another blue screen this time with error 07.
Tks

Advertisements

topedge

topedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi,
I have downloaded Ubuntu and am able to work on the hard drive from this software. Is there any method of accessing chkdsk from Ubuntu?
Thanks,

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

another blue screen this time with error 07.

What is the stop code? (0x???)
Also, how did you test your hard drive?

You can't access chkdsk with Ubuntu, but you should have run a long diagnostic when checking your hard drive... it will essentially so the same thing as chkdsk. Get all your data backed up.

topedge

topedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Thanks for the help. I ran a first test on the HD from setup. I am now running the ES Tool an dhave an error 'LBA 206081578"
Thanks again,

topedge

topedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Bad Sector AJ24. It rec'd erasing hd. I will back up data now with Ubuntu. I will not be able to run ERUNT?
Thanks,

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

I will not be able to run ERUNT?

Run ERUNT for what?
Get back to us when you have finished backing up all your data.

You are running the Samsung diagnostic, right?
Did you do the surface scan test?