Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP won't boot

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
That is the best news ever. We will continue to monitor.
I think this is the longest post that I have been involved in.

The resolution was due to everyones diligence.

123runner

Advertisements

hawklord

hawklord

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
glad it worked out,

a little tip, if i may, write the key on the inside of one of the side panels on your pc case with permanent marker - this way it will be easy to find

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Just an update.

Loading all my programs went well except for Norton Systemworks. My 2004 diskette just wouldn't load up, but Norton's (Symantec's?) tech assistance was great and she decided, after no success in reloading my CD, to just download and load up the 2009 version.

I have some questions:

1. There are a number of old programs in my Program Files that I no longer need or want. However, with the change in Operating System, they are no longer in the list of programs in the Control Panel's - Add or Remove Window. Therefore, how do I delete/remove them? do I simply delete the folder in which they reside?

2. How do I remove the old OS, do I delete the WINDOWS folder? If so, do I then change the name of the folder in which the new OS is located from WINDOW2 to WINDOWS?

Thanks again.

Jim