Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't uninstall COMODO. Please Help.

• Please log in to reply

johneven

johneven

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently downloaded Comodo antivirus and while I was running the setup, it was interrupted by something I did (I think I was opening a browser). Because the install wasn't finishing, I canceled it.

Nonetheless, Comodo program files/folders were created, but it couldn't be launched.

So I went ahead and uninstalled it. It seemed to go smoothly, so I then ran the setup again. But before setup finished, I received a dialog box letting me know that I successfully UNinstalled Comodo.

Apparently the uninstall hadn't yet finished before I started to reinstall. And the reinstall never successfully completed.

Again I have program files and folders, but can't launch the program.

Upon trying to uninstall once again using the remove tool from the control panel, I received a message saying that it couldn't be uninstalled (I forget the reason it gave). And now Comodo is not even on the list of programs that can be removed.

I tried reinstalling once again, but it won't, saying that Comodo already exists.

So, I can neither uninstall it nor reinstall it.

Please advise.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Revo Uninstaller and follow the instructions on the website. This should get rid of all remnants of the failed uninstall and installs.

johneven

johneven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I opened Revo but can't find Comodo on the list of programs it can uninstall. Nor is there a Comodo icon for hunter mode.

Please advise. Thanks.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Manual removal: http://forums.comodo...y-t17220.0.html

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks Broni :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
@ your service :)

johneven

johneven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll give it a try and post back. Probably not for a day or two though.
Thanks.