Create Account Login to Account

Can't uninstall COMODO. Please Help.

• Please log in to reply

johneven

johneven

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently downloaded Comodo antivirus and while I was running the setup, it was interrupted by something I did (I think I was opening a browser). Because the install wasn't finishing, I canceled it.

Nonetheless, Comodo program files/folders were created, but it couldn't be launched.

So I went ahead and uninstalled it. It seemed to go smoothly, so I then ran the setup again. But before setup finished, I received a dialog box letting me know that I successfully UNinstalled Comodo.

Apparently the uninstall hadn't yet finished before I started to reinstall. And the reinstall never successfully completed.

Again I have program files and folders, but can't launch the program.

Upon trying to uninstall once again using the remove tool from the control panel, I received a message saying that it couldn't be uninstalled (I forget the reason it gave). And now Comodo is not even on the list of programs that can be removed.

I tried reinstalling once again, but it won't, saying that Comodo already exists.

So, I can neither uninstall it nor reinstall it.

Please advise.

Advertisement

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,051 posts
Download Revo Uninstaller and follow the instructions on the website. This should get rid of all remnants of the failed uninstall and installs.

johneven

johneven

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I opened Revo but can't find Comodo on the list of programs it can uninstall. Nor is there a Comodo icon for hunter mode.

Please advise. Thanks.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Manual removal: http://forums.comodo...y-t17220.0.html

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,051 posts
Thanks Broni :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
@ your service :)

johneven

johneven

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll give it a try and post back. Probably not for a day or two though.
Thanks.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.