Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers can't access internet after removal of Google redirect vi

• Please log in to reply

johneven

johneven

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I need help with with my browsers (FF, IE, and Chrome). None of them can access the internet when launched. There is however internet connectivity with my dsl because my laptop browsers can still access it.

This problem occurred after I removed the Google Redirect Virus, as per the directions and using the apps given here:

http://www.geekstogo...us-t243398.html

The removal of the virus seemed to be a success, as immediately afterword, I checked all three browsers and there were no more redirects. By the way, at this time there was never a browser connectivity issue.

Having gotten rid of the virus, I thought I had better install some new anti-virus software, and I decided on Comodo. Long story short, it only partially installed and now I can neither uninstall it nor reinstall it. For the long story, see:

http://www.geekstogo...lp-t243902.html

The problem with the browser connectivity began soon after the Comodo problem, and I'm not sure if the latter is the source of the problem or if it has to do with the removal of the redirect virus.

Either way, I need help getting my browsers working again. I'd truly appreciate it. Thank you.

Advertisements