Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issue Extracting .zip files.

• Please log in to reply

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Those unzip fine for me too.
Try using 7-Zip to extract your files from the command line: http://dotnetperls.com/7-zip-examples

Advertisements

reaperkain21

reaperkain21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hmm, odd. ill try the command line. i usually get a similar error with 7-zip. only instead of saying some files have been blocked it justs blocks it and doesnt say anything.

reaperkain21

reaperkain21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
command line worked fine. file has been extracted. also i figured out that if i try to extract files with 7-zip before anything else, it usually will extract fine. thanks guys!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Good to see some workarounds working :)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Appears that the problem is with Windows then. Glad to hear that the commandline version of 7-Zip worked. If you have any more problems or questions, please feel free to ask them. :)