Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp with external usb network card, router, & no local coon

• Please log in to reply

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Have you looked at the configuration screen in the manual starting on page 18?
What is shown in the "network status" screen?
Is there anything shown in "available networks"?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You need to remove 1 of the wireless ones.

Matsmyn

Matsmyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
We removed the lynkseys card...uninstalled and reinstalled the Belkin usb wireless adaptor at which point it found the network BUT could not sign on due to "Protected" network. Prompted to put in client PIN number. Where do we put this. There was no prompt to enter a password.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
A protected network means its using encryption. I think your confusing terms here. Try to connect, it should ask you for the passphrase.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Sounds like the network you are trying to access is encryted/ secure. Those require web keys/ pins.
Since you stated in the first post that the network is yours, You need to find out who set it up and what the web key/ pin is.

As you look at the networks available, you will see some are secured and some are unsecured. If on secured you will gain access.
Was yours secured?

There is no one I can help bypass the security. I have no way of Knowing what it is. Also it is against our TOU (terms of use) to bypass security.

123runner

Matsmyn

Matsmyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I think i stumbled onto the problem. In the network settings section, there is NO wireless connection network. How do I go about installing that?