Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer keeps reinstalling............

• Please log in to reply

FrostyRose

FrostyRose

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I switched to a netbook & finally found the drivers to get my printer installed. The problem is for the longest time (and now every time I restart or look at it funny) the install screen pops up saying it's 96% complete. Then another screen pops up asking me to insert the cdr to finish. Of course, since this is a netbook I can't do that. If I hit cancel then the old screen pops up again & then back to the same screen asking for the cdr. Eventually after hitting cancel enough times it all goes away & then it asks me if I want to register (even though I've said each time that I don't want to & not to remind me anymore) and for the most part my printer's been working ok. However sometimes I can't get it to print. This AM I tried printing something & it kept telling me it was offline. I ran the HP Diagnostic Utility & it came up with some error which it supposedly fixed but it still wouldn't print. Then I couldn't delete the print job. It just kept saying it was "deleting". In the meantime because of the spooled print job my computer wouldn't hibernate when I closed it.......and when I opened it it wouldn't acknowledge my USB hub that was plugged in no matter how many times I unplugged & reinserted it. I then couldn't use my mouse or get online, so I had to restart my computer. Now, that last issue happens periodically anyway, so I'm also wondering what to do about it. My computer just won't recognize things that are plugged into my usb & I often have to unplug & reinsert it many times before it knows that it's there. Sometimes it won't acknowledge it until I restart it. Seeing as how I get online several times a day I'd rather not have to restart my computer just so I can use my mouse & get online. Should I just leave my laptop open online all the time? Any geeky super heros wanna take this on? I really need to up my geekiness.

Advertisements